Monday, April 13, 2009

Fun with Filial Piety

At the ripe old age of 30 + x, there could finally be a time when it would be good to start giving The Mother blank signed cheques so that she can take money out of my bank account whenever she wants.

I started doing that about a year ago, and she's already cleaned me out twice.

This month, she wrote cheques that in total not only exceeded the amount I told her she could take out, it also exceeded my monthly salary.

At the riper older age of 60 + x, she should at least have some concept of positive and negative balances. Just because she still has blank signed cheques in her possession doesn't mean that there is still money in my bank account.

I am so mad my hair is starting to curl outwards. I started this morning off with the usual list of bills to pay, except that right now I'm not quite sure HOW they are going to get paid this month.

To add insult to injury, she made a typographical error in one of the cheques (number does not match words) and it bounced, which means the bank will deduct another S$30 from my account.

In other news, I organised an Easter Egg Hunt in the house, just for The Son, thereby guaranteeing that no one else is in competition to find those Easter Eggs. The problem is that just after I hid those 5 Easter Eggs, I forgot where I put the last 2, and then we really had to hunt them down.

The worst thing about pregnancy brain-fog is that it's not so foggy that you forget that you are becoming forgetful. You know that you're forgetful, but you still keep forgetting anyway. How humiliating is it that I actually needed to write down where I put 5 Easter Eggs in my own living room.

In the 2nd round of Easter Egg hunting, The Son put forward the daring proposition that we should try hiding 8 Easter Eggs this time around. I well and truly could not locate the last one and we had to retrace my footsteps.

But other than being robbed by my own mother and having chunks of my brain take long leave, this Good Friday weekend was a fine one.

6 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Indiana said...

I wish someone would give me blank cheques ~grin~

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous fayeth said...

Wow...blank cheques. Really??? =p

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger -ben said...

It never rains but it pours.

Eh, Trinity?

:-)

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, tory burch outlet, louboutin, gucci outlet, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet, jordan shoes, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, replica watches, nike air max, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, tiffany jewelry, prada outlet, nike outlet, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike free, oakley sunglasses, burberry, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, ugg boots, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, chanel handbags, ray ban sunglasses, uggs on sale, longchamp, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

coach outlet, air max, air jordan pas cher, north face, lululemon, abercrombie and fitch, sac guess, vanessa bruno, lacoste pas cher, michael kors, ray ban uk, hollister, ralph lauren pas cher, nike air max, oakley pas cher, coach factory outlet, nike roshe run, true religion jeans, nike free run uk, coach purses, nike blazer, tn pas cher, coach outlet, michael kors, kate spade handbags, nike air max, nike air max, timberland, true religion jeans, nike free, ray ban pas cher, converse pas cher, north face, burberry, ralph lauren uk, nike roshe, true religion outlet, mulberry, true religion jeans, air force, vans pas cher, new balance pas cher, michael kors, louboutin pas cher, hollister pas cher, longchamp pas cher, hogan, michael kors, sac longchamp, hermes

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

ray ban, hollister, nike huarache, ghd, vans, asics running shoes, hollister, wedding dresses, insanity workout, converse outlet, hollister, north face outlet, abercrombie and fitch, new balance, beats by dre, nike roshe, oakley, ralph lauren, vans shoes, chi flat iron, longchamp, soccer shoes, louboutin, bottega veneta, celine handbags, giuseppe zanotti, birkin bag, babyliss, nike trainers, p90x workout, nfl jerseys, nike air max, valentino shoes, herve leger, lululemon, jimmy choo shoes, mont blanc, timberland boots, ferragamo shoes, gucci, mac cosmetics, nike air max, reebok shoes, iphone 6 cases, converse, north face outlet, mcm handbags, soccer jerseys, instyler, baseball bats

 

Post a Comment

<< Home