Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Local Woman Reminds Self To Read Note To Self

Actually this is just the unhappy sequel to the rather unfortunate incident at the Dentist.

So immediately after Dr Hottie McFlirty-Flirt is done with the dentist-chair-water-torture treatment, he tells me to avoid hot foods, all other foods and hot liquids for at least the next 5 hours.

"Whay", I ask, through a now (only now!!!) freshly numbed face and mouth.

"You will spray" was the slightly ambiguous response.

So being just the kind of woman that lets people tell her what to do, I headed down to the Food Court and ordered myself a steaming bowl of sliced fish noodle soup and et it. All was well and fine until the anaesthetic wore off at approximately 3am the next morning, then I realised to my horror that sometimes advice given to you by a qualified professional could be worth listening to.

Given that half of my face was numb throughout that meal, I was not able to distinguish between fish, noodles, the inside of my cheek and my tongue. So I chewed everything.