Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Huh.

To All The People Eavesdropping In The Lift This Morning, And Especially Those Who Were Laughing:

I was talking to my mother on the phone. If you had any experience in talking to my mother, you'd have the very same whiny half-crazed I'm-about-ta-go-berserk tone of voice that you were sniggering at. The woman turns up at my home at 11pm last evening to pass me some Really Important Documents, with Really Important Instructions. God forbid that between 11pm yesterday and 8.30 am today, I should have forgotten what she said, especially when it concerns me personally. And when she says to put the Really Important Documents in my pocket and she watches to see that I do, she does not have to pat my pocket right after that to make sure they are really in there. Trust me. I've had at least 30 years of experience in putting things in my own pocket. They are really really in there.

That said, after personally reminding me about the Really Important Instructions at 8.30 am and 9.12 am, her getting 2 other family members to call me at 9.30 am, 9.45 am and 9.50 am to repeat the Really Important Instructions could possibly be unnecessary. Especially when I am already running around like a crazy chicken trying to carry out the Really Important Instructions.

Also. Note to mother. When next we are standing and talking in the rain with a crying toddler clinging to my leg and you ask me to provide you with some figures for completion accounts, you can count on it that whatever comes out of my mouth at that point in time will be wrong. But you can also count on me spending some real quality time with a calculator before I write out my own cheque for the completion money. You do not have to call me and remind me to use a calculator to calculate sums. And when you do call me with this reminder, you do not have to ask me whether I know how to calculate the sums properly. There is a button for the plus sign that I can use. I get it.

In other news, The Son enjoyed his second day in school today. The teachers haven't called me yet to notify me that my son is gifted and could qualify for Mensa, but I'm sure it's a matter of minutes before my handphone and office direct line all ring at the same time.

9 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Indiana said...

At the same time the school did not call to ask you to keep the son at home and that he is in fact some form of terror on legs. :-)

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Annie Wan said...

when those phones ring could it possibly be your mother ... again?

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger miss ene said...

Reading about your mother makes me feel better whenever my own mother goes into her "remember-to-lock-the-door-when-you-get-home" mode.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger gremlin said...

the husband left the 1 yr old in the car yesterday after parking the car in the pouring rain. it's no wonder we turn out like our moms.....maybe repeated annoyances do work. "remember to take the baby out. dun forget. the baby's in the car-seat. dun forget. he's there. he's still there. there, he's there. take him out. with you. when you get out. take him out." must work.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

wedding dresses, instyler ionic styler, mcm handbags, jimmy choo shoes, uggs outlet, uggs on sale, herve leger, canada goose outlet, babyliss pro, ugg, valentino shoes, canada goose outlet, nfl jerseys, soccer jerseys, ugg soldes, beats headphones, nike huarache, reebok shoes, mac cosmetics, p90x workout, vans outlet, marc jacobs outlet, canada goose, chi flat iron, mont blanc pens, insanity workout, lululemon outlet, nike trainers, celine handbags, ghd, birkin bag, asics shoes, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, roshe run, rolex watches, ugg boots, north face jackets, canada goose outlet, abercrombie and fitch, new balance outlet, soccer shoes, north face outlet, ferragamo shoes, bottega veneta, hollister, ugg outlet

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, burberry, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, longchamp, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, nike free, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, replica watches, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, burberry outlet online, nike air max, jordan shoes, ugg boots, cheap oakley sunglasses

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louboutin, birkin bag, hollister, longchamp, ghd, insanity workout, nike roshe, beats by dre, hollister, oakley, nike air max, jimmy choo shoes, celine handbags, hollister, asics running shoes, gucci, giuseppe zanotti, vans, wedding dresses, timberland boots, mont blanc, north face outlet, valentino shoes, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, mcm handbags, chi flat iron, lululemon, ray ban, abercrombie and fitch, new balance, ralph lauren, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, iphone 6 cases, nike air max, instyler, babyliss, herve leger, baseball bats, nfl jerseys, ferragamo shoes, nike trainers, reebok shoes, nike huarache, converse outlet, p90x workout, converse, vans shoes, soccer shoes

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

toms shoes, moncler, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, michael kors handbags, barbour, replica watches, moncler, doudoune canada goose, pandora charms, wedding dresses, doke gabbana outlet, canada goose, louis vuitton, bottes ugg, barbour jackets, louis vuitton, karen millen, michael kors outlet, marc jacobs, pandora jewelry, moncler, louis vuitton, supra shoes, juicy couture outlet, montre pas cher, moncler, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, swarovski crystal, links of london, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, moncler, canada goose, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, lancel, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose outlet, canada goose, michael kors outlet online, hollister, moncler, moncler, ugg boots uk, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, thomas sabo, canada goose, swarovski, sac louis vuitton pas cher, coach outlet

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger alaa said...

I have to thank you for the efforts you've put in writing this blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home