Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Fun With Escalation

The biggest problem with sneaking up on The Husband to give him a good fright is that men have this ability to freaking escalate. 2 days ago, at just about midnight, I asked The Husband to help me close the windows in the living room because I can't reach them. Living room lights are off, study lights are on. He shuts the windows, and as he shuts them, I hunker down in the dark so I'm in plain sight still, but only if he looks down. Which he doesn't. Then he proceeds to turn off the computer and the study lights, walks out into the living room and BAM I'm leaping out at him in the dark with the scary ghost hands.

It's been quite a while since I've seen a man so angry. I think the last time was when I managed to crawl right into the middle of the study and under the computer table whilst he was totally engrossed into a computer game and gave him my best "Ju-On" face.

So last evening, I'm tap tap tapping away at the computer keyboard in the study and everyone else has been asleep for an hour when I hear the sound of creeping feet behind me. I turn around, and it's the (formerly) sleeping husband who woke up and tried to sneak into the room to scare the crap out of me right back. And the thing is, I'm scared but I don't want him to have the satisfaction of knowing I'm scared and yet I know that if I do that then it won't be counted and he'll just try to scare me again. And then he won't believe me when I tell him that I was already previously frightened and my next attempt to scare him thereafter will be counted as an offensive strike, not payback (which it should be).

I think we have about a year before The Son cottons on to how childish and immature his parents can be. Actually I suspect he knows already - he broke up the last "poke me? I'll poke you back! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke!" with a loud, shrill "Don't! Fight!"

10 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Indiana said...

mmm, so you aren't going to let him win are you?

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger gremlin said...

they're so funny to scare too. most hilarious is when they scream - even shriller than us, might I add. harharharhar. so undignified. and that's why they get so mad with us.

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger knobby said...

> I'm scared but I don't want him to have the satisfaction of knowing I'm scared and yet I know that if I do that then it won't be counted and he'll just try to scare me again.

And so you blog about it. So he knows exactly what the situation is without you having "told" him. Perfect.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger HairyDonut said...

Of course I am going to win.

Actually the purpose of the blog entry is to ensure that he knows I was previously frightened and that he's already technically achieved payback so if he scares me again one more time, it will be an offensive strike.

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smoot, you sound subdue in your lawyer english but is funny everytime..hahahah enjoy your blog so much.

et

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, burberry, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, longchamp, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, nike free, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, replica watches, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, burberry outlet online, nike air max, jordan shoes, ugg boots, cheap oakley sunglasses

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

ray ban pas cher, kate spade handbags, nike roshe, vans pas cher, lacoste pas cher, nike roshe run, abercrombie and fitch, true religion jeans, timberland, nike air max, coach factory outlet, true religion outlet, burberry, michael kors, coach purses, vanessa bruno, michael kors, converse pas cher, hollister pas cher, nike blazer, michael kors, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, ray ban uk, mulberry, louboutin pas cher, hogan, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, sac guess, new balance pas cher, air force, nike free, lululemon, ralph lauren pas cher, coach outlet, north face, hermes, nike air max, true religion jeans, nike air max, sac longchamp, hollister, true religion jeans, north face, longchamp pas cher, air max, air jordan pas cher, nike free run uk

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louboutin, birkin bag, hollister, longchamp, ghd, insanity workout, nike roshe, beats by dre, hollister, oakley, nike air max, jimmy choo shoes, celine handbags, hollister, asics running shoes, gucci, giuseppe zanotti, vans, wedding dresses, timberland boots, mont blanc, north face outlet, valentino shoes, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, mcm handbags, chi flat iron, lululemon, ray ban, abercrombie and fitch, new balance, ralph lauren, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, iphone 6 cases, nike air max, instyler, babyliss, herve leger, baseball bats, nfl jerseys, ferragamo shoes, nike trainers, reebok shoes, nike huarache, converse outlet, p90x workout, converse, vans shoes, soccer shoes

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

toms shoes, moncler, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, michael kors handbags, barbour, replica watches, moncler, doudoune canada goose, pandora charms, wedding dresses, doke gabbana outlet, canada goose, louis vuitton, bottes ugg, barbour jackets, louis vuitton, karen millen, michael kors outlet, marc jacobs, pandora jewelry, moncler, louis vuitton, supra shoes, juicy couture outlet, montre pas cher, moncler, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, swarovski crystal, links of london, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, moncler, canada goose, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, lancel, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose outlet, canada goose, michael kors outlet online, hollister, moncler, moncler, ugg boots uk, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, thomas sabo, canada goose, swarovski, sac louis vuitton pas cher, coach outlet

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

zzzzz2018.5.26
eagles jerseys
true religion outlet
cheap nfl jerseys
kate spade outlet online
nike chaussure
coach outlet online
ugg boots
ugg boots uk
coach outlet online
manolo blahnik outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home