Thursday, July 26, 2007

Fear and Loathing in Suntec City

So it has come to pass that I have a dental appointment today and it is not going to be pretty. I was hoping for a more sophisticated sounding term than "Dental Fear" to describe the situation, but unfortunately Google is not going to let me have my way today.

I have been living in fear for the past 2 weeks since I was informed by the dentist that I have 3 new cavities (damned pregnancy-related calcium deficiency!) and would need to get the fillings done. I was all up for doing that at the last appointment but it was this little thing that the dentist mentioned at the end of his sentence that got me, and it got me good.

We can fill up the cavities very quickly since you need to get back to the office by 2 - just need some anaesthetic.

Then he put both hands and a cleaning instrument with a draining hose in my mouth for the next 5 minutes while I pondered on that last bit of his sentence while looking wildly around the room (for what? I dunno) and trying not to twitch.

When he finished the cleaning and polishing, and I finished spitting into the sink, I ask - what anaesthetic? what anaesthetic?

Oh. Just an anaesthetic injection for each cavity. You're afraid of pain, aren't you?

Oh Fucketty Fuck. What kind of God damned loaded question is that. If I'm afraid of pain, then I'm also afraid of the injection too, right. But if I'm afraid of pain, I have to get the injection, right? But I'm afraid of injections. And I'm afraid of pain. And I'm afraid of drilling. And I'm afraid of being afraid when I'm supposed to be someone's mother and a full grown adult. Aaaargh.

Not possible to focus this morning. I am too scared. I just know that at the height of the whole dental experience this afternoon, when I am half-crazy from pain and terror, the dentist is going to ask me whether the volume of the plasma TV fixed to his ceiling is too loud, and would I like to watch something else instead.

14 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not so bad lah - don't scare yourself! The injection will hurt no more than an ant's bite.

Enjoy! Or at least try : )

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

Why would you need an injection to fill a cavity???

Smile Inc - Tower 4 Suntec City - filled 3 cavities for me - no injection - just burned a fucking big, and I mean big, hole in my pocket.

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicken!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger HairyDonut said...

Waverley: Thanks for your note! Yes, at one point it felt like an antbite. At another point... it didn't.

LMD: WE HAVE THE SAME DENTIST! The injection is because I do not want to feel pain during the drilling process. I have 2 insurance policies covering dental, otherwise I cannot afford them.

Anon: hur hur hur

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Angeline said...

i hate being injected too - in the mouth is just plain scary. This is why i religiously brush my teeth twice a day.

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BAK BAK BAKKK!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I had cosmetic dental surgery done at smile inc many years ago by the Chinese male doctor there, and my teeth still look very good today, whilst many others already had theirs chipped, broken, etc. already by now. So I've got to say, I have quite a good impression of smile inc's dentist. Not sure if you're talking bout the same one. It was quite expensive, but in my mind, worth every single penny - actually its equivalent almost to how much it'd cost to do it in the UK, but I'd rather have him do my teeth than a British dentist.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, burberry, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, longchamp, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, nike free, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, replica watches, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, burberry outlet online, nike air max, jordan shoes, ugg boots, cheap oakley sunglasses

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

ray ban pas cher, kate spade handbags, nike roshe, vans pas cher, lacoste pas cher, nike roshe run, abercrombie and fitch, true religion jeans, timberland, nike air max, coach factory outlet, true religion outlet, burberry, michael kors, coach purses, vanessa bruno, michael kors, converse pas cher, hollister pas cher, nike blazer, michael kors, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, ray ban uk, mulberry, louboutin pas cher, hogan, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, sac guess, new balance pas cher, air force, nike free, lululemon, ralph lauren pas cher, coach outlet, north face, hermes, nike air max, true religion jeans, nike air max, sac longchamp, hollister, true religion jeans, north face, longchamp pas cher, air max, air jordan pas cher, nike free run uk

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louboutin, birkin bag, hollister, longchamp, ghd, insanity workout, nike roshe, beats by dre, hollister, oakley, nike air max, jimmy choo shoes, celine handbags, hollister, asics running shoes, gucci, giuseppe zanotti, vans, wedding dresses, timberland boots, mont blanc, north face outlet, valentino shoes, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, mcm handbags, chi flat iron, lululemon, ray ban, abercrombie and fitch, new balance, ralph lauren, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, iphone 6 cases, nike air max, instyler, babyliss, herve leger, baseball bats, nfl jerseys, ferragamo shoes, nike trainers, reebok shoes, nike huarache, converse outlet, p90x workout, converse, vans shoes, soccer shoes

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

zzzzz2018.5.29
cleveland cavaliers jerseys
basket nike femme
yeezy boost 350
true religion outlet
adidas yeezy
moncler jackets
ray ban sunglasses
christian louboutin shoes
off white clothing
coach outlet

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.11.6
prada handbags
ugg outlet
ralph lauren polo
louboutin shoes
michael kors outlet
moncler outlet
coach outlet online
coach outlet
canada goose
soccer shoes

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.11.15
coach outlet
adidas shoes
hermes belt
michael kors outlet
fitflops clearance
jordan shoes
ugg outlet clearance
off white clothing
ray ban sunglasses
lacoste polo

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger lamiss ibrahim said...

I definitely love this site.
https://broker5577.wixsite.com/prokr/blog
https://movingfurnitureservices.blogspot.com/
http://prokr.hatenablog.com/
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home