Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Welcome to Oyster Heaven/ Welcome to Oyster Hell

I was en-route to a fairly routine client lunch this afternoon when a sudden change in plan led us to the Raffles Hotel Long Bar Steakhouse where, for a bargain price of S$40 +++, we got fantastic steak, great service and ...(drumroll) as much live oysters as I could put away under the circumstances. And by under the circumstances, I mean in front of a client without giving away the fact that I am a bottomless oyster chomping pit/ behaving like a true Singaporean at a buffet.

Effectively, this amounts to about a dozen oysters, 2 shrimp, asparagus soup, cheese, salmon tart, one filet mignon and a bunch of vegetables. Most of the oysters were fairly well behaved under the lemon squirt, but a few were downright frisky. Not only did they cringe into a tight little muscle mass when I squeezed lemon juice on them, they also twitched pathetically when I poked the fork in for the kill.

Vegetarians of the world are probably screaming. If they read this. But anyway.

I can rant for a fair bit longer about the great oysters and the fantastic oysters and the nice .. oysters. But I think I already have. But with great oysters come great responsibility. My stomach is now growling and churning for reasons I can only attribute to angry oyster gods. And yet all I can think about is Oh Yippee! If I get sick over this meal, I'll be able to write a complaint letter about how I got sick over this meal, which would result in the hotel giving me a voucher for a free meal and I can go and get more oysters. Yay!

And this time, I'm going without the client.

8 Comments:

At 12:41 AM, Blogger eyes said...

OMG! This really is oyster heaven!
Is this offer only good for weekday lunch only?

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger The Screwy Skeptic said...

mmmm... oysters! lucky, lucky you :-)

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger The Screwy Skeptic said...

and if it's a business lunch, then isn't it on the company's tab anyway? which means free lunch + complaint letter = free oysters x2. sweet.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger gremlin said...

I feel sick just imagining you whalloping those oysters. poor oysters. you're doing it again. yikes. this is a perfect diet for me. any idea what happened to my blog? crashed I guess. uh oh. what do I do?

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger HairyDonut said...

Eyes! I don't know if it's a weekday thing only - I had many deep regrets last night and one of them is not asking if they have the deal for dinner and on weekends.

The other regret is that I did not have diarrhoea. *gloom* So whilst I did get one free lunch, I did manage to double the bang for my buck.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger HairyDonut said...

Did not. I should have said did not. Disappointment is clouding my typing.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, burberry, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, longchamp, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, nike free, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, replica watches, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, burberry outlet online, nike air max, jordan shoes, ugg boots, cheap oakley sunglasses

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

ray ban pas cher, kate spade handbags, nike roshe, vans pas cher, lacoste pas cher, nike roshe run, abercrombie and fitch, true religion jeans, timberland, nike air max, coach factory outlet, true religion outlet, burberry, michael kors, coach purses, vanessa bruno, michael kors, converse pas cher, hollister pas cher, nike blazer, michael kors, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, ray ban uk, mulberry, louboutin pas cher, hogan, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, sac guess, new balance pas cher, air force, nike free, lululemon, ralph lauren pas cher, coach outlet, north face, hermes, nike air max, true religion jeans, nike air max, sac longchamp, hollister, true religion jeans, north face, longchamp pas cher, air max, air jordan pas cher, nike free run uk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home