Monday, March 06, 2006

I'm Experiencing Market Re-Entry

A roar. A whoosh. Then cymbals crash to announce my re-entry into the mobile phone market.

Take my advice. I know it's a stretch, given that I don't take anyone else's. If your bored 11-month old baby turns to you in a cab and asks to borrow your mobile phone for a bit, don't lend it to him. Because really, you can't exactly scream at him when, one hour later, you realised that he's left it in the cab when he got out. And he's not sorry, not in the least.

Plus, after I got a replacement phone, he gnawed on it coupla times and now the keypad doesn't work. I can't call anyone with "7" in their phone number. That's ok (relatively) but I've just discovered that they can't call me either because the phone just rejects their calls and SMSs. How on earth he managed to get the phone to do that I really don't know. I've cleaned the dang thing out and wiped all the spit and snot off but I think it's probably the end of the replacement phone too.

The only conclusion I can draw from all this is that The Son's bite is poisonous to all electrical appliances. Now that we know that, I've just got to make sure he doesn't bite anything really expensive, you know, like the TV or my mom's car or the machine that counts our votes at this election. I mean, how are we going to explain this to the authorities when the PAP don't win by a landslide.