Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Mother, Psycho, Drives Daughter Psycho

There comes a time when we must call a spade a spade. For me, that time has come for the umpteenth time, and I can no longer ignore the inevitable – it is pecking at my sleeve incessantly and hounding me for attention.

My mother has lost it completely.

She calls me today, in the middle of an office emergency (an original document has been sent out by ordinary post instead of same-hour-delivery courier) to ask if she should be sending her maid over to help me clean up my house. Of course, please, yes, say I the filial daughter. And I will pay her to do it.

Your house is a junkyard, says my loving mother ("MLM"). She is making an oblique reference to my absolute refusal to move the piano upstairs like she told me to. I make 'hmm hmm' sounds – these are the best because they are non-contentious and she can think I'm agreeing but I'm not actually saying anything.

You better not employ your own maid, says MLM. She is making a not so oblique reference to my absolute refusal to employ her maid's relative. You are not capable, says MLM.

Hmm hmmm (slightly irritable). If I employ the maid you want me to employ, then I'm capable? (I thought, very very loudly, in my head)

How come your son is not eating the food that we cook? (MLM suddenly shifting ground to another argument like the skilled multi-tasking psycho that she can be) That's why we don't cook any food for your son anymore.

Hmm. Hmm.. (getting quite irritated now)

Are you still having the Christmas party at your house? Then you better not invite me, as your house is a junkyard, you are not capable and you are very stubborn!!!! (MLM really truly losing it)

What? What are you talking about?

Yes. Your house is a junkyard. You better not invite me to your Christmas party.

Hm. Ok. (what else can I say?)

Slam! She hangs up on me. WTF? Am so pissed off now that I can't really decide what to eat for lunch.

11 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Fore! said...

I can't believe you're having a Christmas party and I haven't been invited! I would have come, even if your house is a junkyard. Now I'm pissed off at you!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger gremlin said...

what party?! hey. not on. oh yeah, WTF?! I know exactly how your mom feels....where's my invite?!!!! WTF?!!!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger HairyDonut said...

It's the annual Christmas party for relatives. All my Cantonese speaking relatives from my mom's side. Every year I argue with my mother that these people do not want to eat turkey, ham or roast beef with 3 different types of gravy - they'll be a lot more happy to eat Chinese New Year food so let's cook that, but no, she has to have it exactly as though we were sitting down at the table somewhere in some Ang Mo country.

Anyway, my mom's really pissed with me this time. She's going to spend Christmas with my sister in Australia. So there will be NO party, and no political landmines to navigate for Christmas!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger valkyrie said...

haha!!

sorry for the mirth, i must express that i am not laughing at your distressing convo with your LM... but i am finding your writings most enjoyably funny. :)

 
At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still think your mother is much less stressful than mine... :} :))))

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following Laptop Blog. it is cool to!

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..........

I knew there is a school / institution where these pyscho moms come from .... sounds exactly like mine ....

G

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

ray ban pas cher, kate spade handbags, nike roshe, vans pas cher, lacoste pas cher, nike roshe run, abercrombie and fitch, true religion jeans, timberland, nike air max, coach factory outlet, true religion outlet, burberry, michael kors, coach purses, vanessa bruno, michael kors, converse pas cher, hollister pas cher, nike blazer, michael kors, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, ray ban uk, mulberry, louboutin pas cher, hogan, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, sac guess, new balance pas cher, air force, nike free, lululemon, ralph lauren pas cher, coach outlet, north face, hermes, nike air max, true religion jeans, nike air max, sac longchamp, hollister, true religion jeans, north face, longchamp pas cher, air max, air jordan pas cher, nike free run uk

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

toms shoes, moncler, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, michael kors handbags, barbour, replica watches, moncler, doudoune canada goose, pandora charms, wedding dresses, doke gabbana outlet, canada goose, louis vuitton, bottes ugg, barbour jackets, louis vuitton, karen millen, michael kors outlet, marc jacobs, pandora jewelry, moncler, louis vuitton, supra shoes, juicy couture outlet, montre pas cher, moncler, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, swarovski crystal, links of london, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, moncler, canada goose, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, lancel, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose outlet, canada goose, michael kors outlet online, hollister, moncler, moncler, ugg boots uk, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, thomas sabo, canada goose, swarovski, sac louis vuitton pas cher, coach outlet

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet online sale, michael kors outlet, air max, gucci outlet, louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, cheap uggs, oakley sunglasses cheap, nike free, prada outlet, ugg outlet, tiffany and co, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, uggs, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren, ugg boots clearance, nike shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, replica watches, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, rolex watches, chanel handbags, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louboutin, tiffany and co, tory burch outlet, air max, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, uggs outlet, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

converse, abercrombie, louis vuitton, canada goose, toms shoes, sac lancel, pandora charms, ray ban, rolex watches, moncler, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, moncler, canada goose uk, barbour, canada goose, swarovski, louis vuitton uk, ugg pas cher, thomas sabo, vans, juicy couture, barbour, ugg, coach outlet store online, canada goose, moncler, ugg boots, air max, sac louis vuitton, karen millen, gucci, ugg, moncler, ugg, moncler, canada goose jackets, canada goose outlet, canada goose, louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton, wedding dresses, canada goose, links of london, converse shoes, moncler, pandora charms, supra shoes, moncler, montre homme, pandora jewelry, hollister, swarovski crystal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home